Thursday, April 25, 2013

Time to Play

Being ANZAC day, I had the club rooms to myself - it was great!  No one around to pester me and nothing for me to do but play.

So I dragged down some of my trains to test on the N-TRAK exhibition layout to make sure they are right for the big AMRA show in just under 2 weeks time at Doomben.

While the trains were running round, I dragged out the 2 x 500 watt spot lights I found kicking around the club rooms and lit up the layout and took the iPhone out for a bit of video making. Amazing what additional lighting does to the quality of the videos and photos that the phone takes. So 


Here is the first film I took - "Just off the Highway we see Trains!"  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZJUF26POKY

"On a quite day at the club I got some of my trains out for a run of the club exhibition layout which is based on N-TRAK standards. First train we see is a Santa Fe hauled grain train headed by EMD SD40-2 motive power. Crossing the bridge we have Canadian National owned EMD GP-9's leading a train of covered hoppers. In the background we see Canadian National owned GE ES44DC leading a long oil train made up of 39' single dome tankers. Next we see close behind the CN GP-9's a Burlington Northern triple header of EMD GP-7's on a short covered hopper train."

I took a couple of dozen videos on the phone and won't bore you here with them all, so here is one more. By the way, if you like them, you can check out the others by just looking at my channel on YouTube after watching one of these.


"Stock Yard View of the Industrial Area"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YomoknFU8iY

"On the club N-TRAK layout, we are now looking past town towards the industrial area. We can see the still in use stockyard tracks with loading of cattle currently occurring.

For such a small town, the trains sure do come thick and fast."

Thanks for dropping by - catch you next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment